Page Banner

United States Department of Agriculture

Agricultural Research Service

Related Topics

History
headline bar
history

The Shafter Cotton Research Station was established in 1922.  Since that time the Station has served as a primary source of research, germplasm, and technology for cotton producers of the arid and semi-arid West.  Click on the link below to open a brief history of the Station from its establishment until 1996.  This historical account was compiled by Dr. Lyle Carter, a former Research Leader at the Station.


USDA and Cotton in Kern County 


 


Last Modified: 9/24/2010
Footer Content Back to Top of Page