Veg Up! Motivating Value of Vegetables Study
Why are we doing this study?
People do not eat enough vegetables for health. People don’t eat vegetables for a variety of reasons including not knowing how to prepare them, cost, convenience, and not liking them. We are doing this study to see if we can increase people’s consumption to meet the Dietary Guidelines recommendations.
Who is eligible for this study?
- Men and women between 18-65 years of age and
- Overweight (BMI of >25 kg/m2)
- Consuming one cup or less of vegetables (excluding fried potatoes) per day
- Not currently dieting
- Not pregnant, lactating or planning to become pregnant
- Do not use tobacco
- Do not have a disorder or take a medication that affects appetite or foods you can eat
- Do not have high dietary restraint or certain eating patterns
- Willing to comply with all study requirements
What is required of me for this study?
- Eat all vegetables given to you
- Come to the GFHNRC twice each week for 8 weeks to pick up your vegetables and a palm scan.
- Study visit where we measure your energy expenditure and taste, and you complete questionnaires
- Complete 3 online diet recalls each month
- At baseline and every four weeks for 16 weeks come for testing of your motivation to eat vegetables and your body composition
Will I get compensated for my time?
You may be compensated as much as $530 or you can choose a Choice Health and Fitness membership (13 months individual or 10 month family)
Who can I call about this study?
Applications are online at:
If you have more questions call (701) 795-8396
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org