Page Banner

United States Department of Agriculture

Agricultural Research Service

Citrus and Subtropical Products Research Laboratory

 

 

Welcome Statement:

The U.S. Citrus and Subtropical Products Laboratory was first built in Winter Haven, FL as one of 104 U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) service locations opened in 1931.  The facility was moved to its present location in Winter Haven as part of the Agricultural Research Service Division of USDA in 1958.  The laboratory conducts research in the food science and postharvest areas on fresh and processed tropical and subtropical fruits and vegetables.

At full staff there are 8 permanent scientists, 2 research associates, and 11 support staff that includes technical, administrative and maintenance personnel.


Last Modified: 7/13/2010