Who is conducting this study?
This study is led by Lisa Jahns, PhD. The funding for this project comes from USDA-ARS. This study has been reviewed and approved by the UND Institutional Review Board.
What is the purpose of this study?
You are being asked to participate in a research study. We seek women to participate in a year-long observational study examining mood, stress level, sleep, and eating, health and activity behaviors over four seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter)
Who can participate?
- Healthy women 40 - 60 years of age
- Weight stable (±10 lbs) for at least 6 months prior to the start of the study
- Normal body weight -overweight (Body mass index (BMI) between 18-35 kg/m2)
- No problems walking or health problems that limit your activity
- Access to high-speed internet
- Willing to comply with study requirements
What do I need to do to participate?
- Complete all study requirements over one year
- At each of the four seasons:
- One 5-6 hour visit at the Center
- Wear physical activity and heart rate monitors for 7 days
- Rest of the year
- Monthly visit to the Center
- Complete dietary recalls on the computer from your home 2-3 times each month
Will I be compensated for my time?
You can earn up to $1200 for participating
Who can I contact about this study?
Applications are online at:
If you have more questions please call (701)795-8385
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org