The links on the left provide information about the collection and how to donate or request collection material. The following briefly describes the links on the left:
- Species & Breeds/Inventory: Uses a drilldown format that allows you to see the collection by species, breed, line, and individual. You can also specify tissue type (blood, semen or embryos).
- Individuals: Skips the drilldown format if you want to search for a specific animal, but you will need the NAGP ID or an association registration number.
- Trends: Provides a look at how the entire collection has changed over time, or by species.
- Germplasm Requests: Describes the process for requesting collection material and the prerequisite forms. It is a collection meant to be used by livestock producers, breeders in the public and private sector, and by researchers performing DNA research!
- Protocols: Describes collection and cryopreservation procedures.
- Updates & Reports: Link to NAGP updates and the State of the World report.
For further information about NAGP activities and the collection of germplasm and tissue contact NAGP Coordinator: Dr. Harvey Blackburn (Harvey.Blackburn@ars.usda.gov or 970-495-3268).