Page Banner

United States Department of Agriculture

Agricultural Research Service

Technology Transfer
headline bar

Welcome to the Plains Area Technology Transfer Service Section. This page includes useful technology transfer information, links and staff contact information. We're here to help and encourage you to contact us if you have questions or need additional information.

On this Page:

Helpful Links:

Note: The following links take you to the national ARS Partnering and Licensing pages:

Tech Transfer Picture

PA Partnering Page


Back to Top

What is Technology Transfer at ARS?

The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) at the Agriculture Research Service (ARS) works with ARS scientists to ensure their research has the maximum impact on the U.S. agricultural community. OTT helps ARS scientists form research partnerships with university and industrial researchers, actively markets ARS technology, seeks intellectual property protection for ARS inventions when such protection will enhance technology transfer, and licenses ARS intellectual property to companies interested in commercialization.

Back to Top

Partnering Information

ARS continually looks for opportunities to partner with businesses, other federal agencies, state and local governments, and universities. These partnerships are designed to augment research programs, expedite research results to the private sector, exchange information and knowledge, stimulate new business and economic development, enhance U.S. trade, preserve the environment, and improve the quality of life for all Americans.

Back to Top

Licensing Information

The USDA, ARS, Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) grants licenses to qualified businesses and individuals who wish to commercialize inventions resulting from federally supported research performed at USDA laboratories and research locations. Companies interested in licensing USDA inventions can obtain a license application online or from an OTT licensing staff member.

Back to Top

Last Modified: 5/1/2015