NPA Modernization Projects Status Report
- Construct New Insect Study Facility and Greenhouses/Headhouse, 5,790 SF
- Construction Contract Scheduled Award: October, 2005
- Scheduled Construction Completion: July 2008
- Modernization of Grain Marketing and Production Research Center
- Construction Project, Phase 3 and 4 awarded to be completed July 2008
Back to Top
Customer Service Plan
The Northern Plains Area Office is committed to providing quality design and construction support services to its customers. This document addresses the type of services provided, the means of delivering the services, and a method of measuring the quality and effectiveness of these services.
Work Unit Description
The Area Office Engineer (AOE) provides operational technical support for design requirement less than $100K and construction less than $1M. The unit consists of one AOE who provides operational support to the Fort Collins locations and technical support and guidance to the entire Northern Plains Area.
Identification of Customers
- ARS Areas Office and locations
- ARS Budget and Program Management Staff
- ARS Administrator and National Program Staff
- ARS National Agricultural Library
- ARS, FD, Engineering Branch
- ARS, FD, Real Property Management Branch
- ARS, FD, Safety, Health, and Environmental Branch
- ARS, Procurement and Property Division
- ARS, Financial Management Division
- U.S. Congress
- USDA, Office of Budget and Program Analysis
- Office of Management and Budget
- Universities (Cooperators)
- Small Business Administration
- Architectural-Engineering and Construction Contractors
Provide project budget and schedule forecasting, design criteria development, execution of facilities project planning, and implementation of contract bidding/negotiation, contract award, contract administration, and contract closeout. Directive/Manual 242.1-ARS Construction Project Design Standards provides Agency's minimum design criteria. There are many other Directives effecting AOE.
Code of Conduct
Putting the customer first is the cornerstone and fundamental principle of the AOE customer service philosophy. There is a total commitment to involving the customer throughout the project implementation process, treating the customer with courtesy and respect, offering creative and innovative choices to the customer in terms of aesthetics, functionality, maintenance and operational aspects, assuring compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and Department/Agency policy, completing actions in a timely manner and correctly the first time, and providing ongoing feedback on actions taken. The goal is to provide innovative facilities services support into the 21st century.
Organization Performance Standards
- PLANNING - Project conception - 30 days
- Project scope formulation - 90 days
- Project development - 30 days
- DESIGN - Completion of design - 90 days to 365 days
- CONSTRUCTION - Completion of construction - 90 days to 365 days
Processing facility requirements is accomplished via a partnership consisting of program management, Facilities Division, commercial firms, and universities. Customer feedback and suggestions for improvement in service delivery are always welcome. Comments or questions can be directed to the following numbers:
Area Engineer: Greg Graham 970-492-7035
Periodic Review and Assessment
Feedback on project implementation will be solicited from our customers on biennial basis for the purpose of determining if service delivery is being provided per the customer standards.
Back to Top