Page Banner

United States Department of Agriculture

Agricultural Research Service

1 - Careers at BFGL
2 -
Careers at BFGL

What do you need to work at BFGL?

BFGL employs Research Molecular Biologists, Research Animal Scientists, Research Physiologists, Research Geneticists, and Microbiologists. BFGL scientists have advanced degrees in Animal Science, Molecular Biology, Animal Breeding and Genetics, Cell Biology, and Animal Physiology. BFGL's support staff includes Animal Scientists, Boilogists, Biological Technicians, and office staff.

To be a geneticist, earn a bachelor's degree in animal science, biochemistry, agronomy, plant science, horticulture, poultry science, dairy science, forestry, or fisheries and wildlife. Genetics draws heavily from mathematics, biology, statistics, biochemistry, microbiology, and chemistry, so those courses are important. Graduate degrees can lead you to more sophisticated research and development positions. In high school take as many courses in math, science, and English as possible. Also, take courses in computer science and communications.


Current Job Openings at BFGL:


[1]     2     Next >>

Career Opportunities

The links below are to current ARS job openings listed at the official job site of the US Federal Government, USAJOBS.

ARS openings in Beltsville, MD
ARS openings in Maryland
ARS openings nationwide

* Note: the links above are to "Only Jobs Open to ALL U.S. Citizens" so if you are a current or former federal employee, be sure to select "ALL Jobs" to refine your search at the USAJOBS site.

Last Modified: 2/4/2013
Footer Content Back to Top of Page