How to Develop a Material Transfer Agreement
Back to MTA index
- Select the appropriate generic file and fill in the blanks.
• Do not forget to fill in the blank in the last clause regarding the period of the agreement.
• Do not make changes in the existing text of the generic agreement.
- Print three (3) original copies of the agreement
(Lab, Cooperator, and Office of Technology Transfer)
- Sign and forward to the Research Leader for review and signature.
- The Research Leader or Scientist will forward the three (3) copies to the cooperator for review and signature.
- The cooperator will return all three copies to the Research Leader or Scientist.
- The Research Leader or Scientist will forward the copies to the Technology Transfer Coordinator for review and signature.
- You may transfer the material after the Technology Transfer Coordinator has returned two (2) copies of the agreement to you.
- Retain one (1) copy of the signed agreement for your records and send one (1) copy of the signed agreement to the cooperator.