You are here:
Beltsville Area Home
/ Developing a Trust Fund Cooperative Agreement
|Developing a Trust Fund Cooperative Agreement
Back to Trust Fund Cooperative Agreement index
- Identify a Sponsor
- Negotiate the general points for the agreement.
- Life of the agreement may not extend beyond 5 years
- We recommend that the agreement run for at least 2 years, to avoid the need for additional paperwork or extensions.
- Discuss the proposal with your Supervisor
- Obtain approval, in principle
- Develop the draft agreement
- Use the Generic Trust document as a guide
- Send the draft agreement to the Technology Transfer Assistant
- Who will prepare the complete agreement for your review.
- Funding is $25,000 or less
- Prepare an ARS-425 in ARIS
- Funding level is over $25,000
- Prepare an ARS-416/417 and submitted via ARIS
- Don't forget that for all agreements over $5,000, ARS takes a 10% IRC charge.